Saturday, 29 May 2010
For those of you who wanted the info on Digital Stamping websites, and for those of you who weren't there or didn't get the printed handout, I have managed, with the help of my techie hubby, to put the file online. Click here to access it, then you should be able to click on the web addresses to access the digi stamping sites. Don't forget to read the angel policies.
The funny greetings in text boxes did not come out with the correct formatting using this method, so I have decided it is easier to email this file to you and then you can save it to your own PC and re format it as you wish. I've included a few instructions on there for altering text boxes too.
We have started sorting cards for sale at Village Day so if you still plan to send us your cards for sale, please let us have them as soon as possible so we can be organised before the day. Hope to see as many of you as possible - Saturday 12th June!!!
Monday, 24 May 2010
Firstly the focus for our workshop on Wednesday is Funny Men's Cards - at the request of Karen W. With Father's Day around the corner and football fever about to hit, we thought now would be a good time to fit this one in. We will have a whole range of rubber stamps available for you to try out, and we are also going to be going hi-tech and introducing you to Digital Stamping. We are planning to try colouring with Pro Markers and hopefully will have quite a range of colours if our latest order arrives before Wednesday!
- Stamps and stamped images for the catalogue if you haven't already returned them.
- Think about whether you need any more plastic boxes - any size as we are about to do a mixed order. Prices should be similar to last time but we will confirm on Wednesday.
- Membership Pack Competition Cards - last chance to bring these before judging at Village Day.
- Cards for sale on the stall at Village Day. Please make sure they are all in cello bags, with envelopes, and with your membership number clearly marked on a sticker. It also helps us a lot if they are already categorised by event. Cards will be sold for £2 or three for £5, unless otherwise priced.
- Challenge cards - on an anniversary theme to be sold at Village Day. (If you need to know more about anniversaries, check out Linda Bradley's web site here.)
- Cards to donate to Sarah M's son who is selling cards at Village Day to raise money for Scouts.
- ...and obviously a very big bag if you are bringing all of the above!!
Just a couple more things. The raffle last month for Adam's Appeal raised £62, which Gabby will very kindly pass on to Adam's parents. Gabby and Carole have both been very active in their fundraising over the last couple of weeks. For more information and updates on Adam's Appeal click here.
And lastly on a celebrity crafting note, Michelle will be attending a PartiCraft all day workshop (run by Create and Craft Star, Sue Wilson) and she is happy to share lifts with anyone who would like to go. Visit the PartiCraft blog for more info.
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
Anyway here are some piccies from the messy, inky Ashtead workshop in April. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and some fantastic backgrounds and cards were produced.
We had a few familiar faces attending our Saturday workshop as well as a few new faces and a sprinkling of junior crafters! The Fimo tea lights proved popular with all ages, as did the hand stamped candles. (see below)
If you missed out on the Saturday workshop, then put the date of our second Saturday workshop in your diary now - Saturday September 11th.
Hope you are all busy getting your Competition cards ready and your cards for sale at Village Day. Thank you to those of you who have volunteered to help already. It is a fun day out and we do always have a bit of giggle on the stall!!